Nation

9 months ago

Teen Dies After Bathing in Contaminated Water, Brain Infection Suspected

Teen Dies After Bathing in Contaminated Water (symbolic picture)
Teen Dies After Bathing in Contaminated Water (symbolic picture)

 

Tiruanontopurom (July 08,2023) : A teenage boy died in Kerala on Saturday, July 8, 2023, after bathing in contaminated water. The boy, identified as 17-year-old Vishnu, was from the Alappuzha district of the state. Vishnu had gone to bathe in a local stream on Friday evening. After bathing, he started to feel unwell and complained of headache and fever. He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he died on Saturday morning. The doctors who treated Vishnu suspected that he had contracted a brain infection from the contaminated water. They said that the infection had caused his brain to swell, which led to his death.

The authorities have taken samples of the water from the stream and sent them for testing. They are also investigating the source of the contamination. This is the second such incident in Kerala in recent weeks. In June, a 12-year-old boy died after bathing in a contaminated stream in the Kollam district. The authorities have warned people against bathing in streams and other water bodies that are not properly cleaned and maintained. They have also advised people to boil water before drinking it, especially in rural areas.


You might also like!

No data